It is the vision of the St. Albans Blueprint
Community Team to provide: a Safe, Caring, Healthy, Educated and
Prosperous Community; that preserves our Heritage, while encouraging
Team Members: Mayor Richard
Callaway, Mike Reed, Susan Swords, Grace Allred, Dr. John Casto, Dr.
Tom Williams, Jeannie Gibson, and Sally Blessing, Susan
Community Committee Meeting
June 21, 2007
Subject of the meeting: Communications among
groups, organizations, individuals, and government in St. Albans.
Invited: All civic clubs and organizations, City
Council members, St. Albans government department heads, Coal River
Group, Ministerial Assoc., Riverfest Group, Rep. from Amandaville
and Jefferson, and local bank representatives.
Bulleted highlights from this meeting:
- The purpose of Blueprint Communities was
- Members of the team were introduced.
- Described the work that has taken place so far
with in the workshops
- An exercise took place where each participant
was given 3 post it notes and asked to list one way we could
improve communications on each note. Suggestions were
consolidated and discussed. Most common were:
- Community Newsletter
- Better use of Website and more user friendly
- Utilization of St. Albans Monthly
- Get information out in the community where
resources are that people can get information about events and
- Post information in businesses
- Use of electronic message boards in town
- Get information to churches for their
- Discussed briefly the need to carry through
- Committee members discussed how this
organization was not a 'takeover' group but only a small part of
a community effort and hopefully simply a facilitator for the
- Decided that the blueprint and Community Groups
would meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 4 PM in the St.
Albans City Council Chambers.